Registered Nurse RN – Residential Facility (Queens, New York)
$80,000 to $90,000 annually
401k, Dental, Life, Medical and Vision
Why Work Here?
“We have great benefits for our employees. We offer free medical, dental and vision for all our eligible employees.”
AABR Inc.; a nonprofit organization that services individuals with Autism and Intellectual disabilities has immediate openings for a Registered Nurse in a Residential setting and a Director of Nursing for our Organization.
The Residential Registered Nurse should someone that demonstrate proficiency in administering the fundamentals of the nursing process, contribute to nursing assessment and the development of a nursing care plan, and participate in the evaluation of nursing care.
- Supports nursing care standards through adherence to existing policies and procedures.
- Assessment of the medical needs of the individuals, plans intervention, evaluates the outcome of care and performs treatments and special medical care as mandated
- Responsible for monitoring the medical care of individuals
- Provides or assists all activities of daily living for individuals, hygiene, skincare, and grooming
- Provides AMAP certifications and recertification staff
- Monitors and provide supervision to all AMAP certified staff
- Implements plan of care as outlined in each individual’s medical profile that includes positioning, play, feeding techniques, behavior modification, and attention to ADL skills
- In addition, the Residential Nurse will coordinate care with existing medical providers and help link residents to medical providers, as needed.
- Provide medical consultation and support to program staff.
- Uses assessment information to develop a care plan before the end of duty time that communicates enough information for incoming staff to adequately care for the Resident. Reviews and develops care plans for assigned individuals. Includes the individual and his or her family in planning care, establishing priorities, and setting goals.
- Uses care plans as a basis for providing safe and therapeutic care to Residents. Communicates with the Resident and his or her family and other members of the health care team in carrying out the goals of the care plan. Accepts accountability for clinical care of assigned Residents including supervision of nonprofessional personnel.
- Evaluates and notes the Resident’s response to nursing care defined in the nursing care plan and medical records.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth by current reading and attendance at educational programs and unit conferences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Current license to practice nursing in the state.
- Experience in a residential setting or in the mental health field strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending, and reaching
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
To apply, click “Apply for job” below and then click the link to be taken to the application page.
To apply for this job please visit aabr.wpengine.com.