AABR, Inc. is a Queens-based 501 C3 non-profit organization and is one of the largest service providers for individuals with developmental disabilities in the New York region. Our mission is to empower individuals of diverse abilities through comprehensive support, transformative day habilitation programs, pathways to employment, and inclusive group residences.
Vice President of Human Resources
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Human Resources will lead all human resources operations, talent acquisition, organizational development and learning, and culture and related activities for the organization. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VP of HR works closely with the team to align the Human Resources agenda with the strategic objectives for the organization.
- Oversee all HR initiatives and HRIS systems.
- Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance.
- Drive a culture that embodies AABR values that reward, promote and encourage high performance throughout the organization.
- Lead organizational compliance with all federal, state, and local labor and employment law issues and requirements.
- Lead conversion from a paper-based system to an integrated technology-based HRIS solution.
- Work with HR consultant on planning, training and implementation of HRIS system.
- Develop comprehensive, updated employee policy and procedures, and employee handbook that motivate employees, and that align with the organization’s business goals and its values.
- Implement key diversity, racial equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Build a strong employee development framework including career paths, training, recognition and promotion activities.
- Measure, track, and improve employee engagement and retention.
- Develop performance management and improvement systems, including recognition and rewards programs.
- Lead succession planning initiatives across the organization.
- Design and execute employee incentives and benefit offerings.
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards.
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required.
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience including a solid foundation in employee relations and providing leadership at the senior level; at least 3 years at a senior leadership level.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience with OPWDD provider agencies preferred.
- Experience negotiating Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of HRIS systems
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management and leadership development, performance management, organizational design, recruitment and compensation philosophies. Current knowledge of emerging HR trends and practices.
- Demonstrated success in driving change and shaping an organization’s culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Project management experience, problem-solving skills relative to gathering, organizing, analyzing and presentation of data.
- Demonstrated success building collaboration within and across teams and building strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics combined with the professional credibility and accountability to command respect and engender confidence across the organization.
- Excellent technology skills.
- Ability to acquire and implement knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in human resources management and administration.
- Flexibility and ability to work on time-sensitive and multiple high-priority projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
M-F 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (May require some flexibility to work during nonstandard hours)
Director Talent Acquisition and Workforce Development, Benefits Manager, HR Coordinator, HR Clerk
- Medical Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
For immediate consideration, please send resume/cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.