AABR, Inc. is a Queens-based 501 C3 non-profit organization and is one of the largest service providers for individuals with developmental disabilities in the New York region. Our mission is to empower individuals of diverse abilities through comprehensive support, transformative day habilitation programs, pathways to employment, and inclusive group residences.
Mobile Maintenance Mechanic
Under the direction of the Facilities and Maintenance Manager/ VP of Facilities, the Mobile Maintenance Mechanic is a craftsperson responsible for the building and ground maintenance and repair work and does related work as required.
- Paints wood, metal, brick, and cement walls, floors and ceilings of the interior and exterior of buildings; stains, varnishes and refinishes cabinets, desks, chairs and other furnishings and equipment; and the painting and repainting of pipes, radiators, tin roofs, and other types of iron work.
- Repairs and maintains walls, ceilings, interior and exterior brickwork, tile floors, drains, cement and concrete floors, sidewalks, steps, foundations, and other types of masonry, plastering and stone work.
- Repairs broken water, drainage, waste and gas lines; defective water closet bowls, wash basins and urinals, malfunctioning radiators, refrigerators, laundry machines and other types of plumbing and steam fitting fixtures, fittings, appliances and machinery.
- Repairs and maintains buildings, office furniture, screens, storm sashes, frames, windows, ceiling partitions and other types of carpentry work.
- Cleans and repairs a variety of types of boilers, and repairs locks.
- Obtains, stores, safeguards and properly uses equipment, materials, supplies, and tools.
- As required, keeps records of work done, materials used, and time spent.
- Collects garbage and disposes of same.
- Provides transportation services for staff and residents as required.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of safety codes.
- Engage in all duties, required and necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Basic knowledge and apprentice work in electrical, plumbing, welding, and carpentry work.
- Valid NY State Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work cooperatively with other craftspeople
- Passion for problem solving and for serving others
- Good Communication Skills both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to frequently lift or move 50-100 lbs.
- Able to travel between sites throughout NYC.
- Able to work outdoors in adverse conditions (heat or cold).
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. May be required to operate and clean equipment; handle reasonably heavy weights across distances; may be exposed to mechanical/electrical/radiant/explosive/burn and chemical hazards.
Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Frequent and consistent travel to all AABR facilities in NY
- Medical Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
For immediate consideration, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.